Best Practices on Footprint Naming Convention
- Look up your datasheet and open it.
- Scroll down and look up the ordering information. Select which part you are going to build and lookup the pin package. In this case, we are going to build the MAX244CQH+ which is a PLCC.
- Scroll lower to the package information and lookup the 44 PLCC. For the Footprint Naming Convention, we will use the outline number, the land pattern number and the revisions.
- For now, we start with the outline number dash (–) the quantity of revisions dash (-) the revision letter underscore (_) The Land Pattern Number dash (–) the quantity of pins with an L for leads
- The final footprint name is 21-0049-5-H_90-0236-44L.